Premature ejaculation treatment is possible, and there is no need to suffer. In worldwide surveys, almost 30-40% of men have agreed to encounter premature ejaculation at one stage or another. It clearly depicts the common nature of the issue. But do these many men seek help? No, which clearly states how many suffer in silence.
Premature ejaculation, like other sexual dysfunctions, may affect a man’s mental health. Uncontrolled ejaculation can be an embarrassing instance and may make the men avoid physical relationships on the whole.
It can be puzzling to understand why and how it happens. The most frequent question asked by an individual is which doctor to consult for premature ejaculation. It is hard to find someone who would understand the situation, and it is also quite a task to have the courage to talk to someone openly about the whole chaos.
Which doctor to consult for premature ejaculation?
Let’s end the query you are here for, which doctor to consult for premature ejaculation?
Consult a sexologist if you suffer from premature ejaculation. A sexologist is an expert on human sexuality and sexual behavior. An expert, a sexologist can differentiate between all symptoms and formulate the exact diagnosis. A sexologist will do a thorough physical and psychological assessment to find the exact cause, and finding the exact cause will help decide the best suitable treatment plan.
It is normal to go through a phase of premature ejaculation due to the present situation in life, and mostly it heals with time and needs no special attention. However, consider consulting a sexologist if you have uncontrolled ejaculation for weeks or months at a stretch.
Premature ejaculation could happen due to physical discrepancies like a chemical imbalance, sensitive skin, erectile dysfunction, infections, or it can also be genetic.
Psychological reasons like stress, anxiety, depression, emotional complex, sexual abuse, and complicated relationships could also lead to premature ejaculation.
The doctor will also ask if you had early ejaculation during the first sexual encounter or could control ejaculation in the past but have been going through premature ejaculation lately.
There are different treatment modalities available. Various options are:
Behavioral Treatment – A sexologist can recommend a few techniques to gain control of ejaculation time.
- Masturbation – You can masturbate 2-3 hours before endeavoring sexual intercourse. It can help delay the time for ejaculation.
- Distraction – You can start thinking of something irrelevant when you feel closer to ejaculation.
- Start-stop technique – You can stimulate yourself with or without a partner and stop before getting an orgasm. Then you wait until the feeling goes away completely and start over again.
- Squeeze technique – Similar to the start-stop method, you or your partner squeezes the penis when you are about to ejaculate. You can repeat it a few times.
- Pelvic Floor Exercises – Premature ejaculation can happen due to weak pelvic floor muscles. Exercise can help strengthen the muscles. Perform Kegel’s exercise thrice every day for 5 minutes.
The therapist can help you haggle with mental and emotional issues that might have impacted the case. An expert can give you guidance to cope with the situation in a better way.
- Condoms – Thick condoms help patients with sensitive skin. It delays the stimulation and gives more time for ejaculation.
- Numbing gels – Numbing gels and ointments decrease sensitivity and help to gain time for ejaculation.
An expert prescribes medication if necessary. Take a prescription as advised by the doctor, and do not indulge in self-medication.
Premature ejaculation is a man’s worst nightmare. Being incompetent and inadequate to please a woman can make any man lose mental balance. Losing control over ejaculation can affect mental health and spike anxiety. A man gets even more anxious in bed which further spikes performance anxiety. All this mental imbalance and physical discrepancy can make the man isolate himself.
But this is no solution and only aggravates the problem. Longstanding anxiety can cause other health issues. Let’s not worsen the situation and take timely action. Premature ejaculation treatment is possible with the help of a sexologist. This blog must have helped you figure out which doctor to consult for premature ejaculation. Consult the best sexologist today at Dr. Arora’s Men’s Wellness Clinic to put an end to your suffering.