Digitizing a photo or document with the help of scanning can be very beneficial for you. For example, you can easily upload and sign documents on your computer or mobile. It also enables you to go “go paperless” in your home and office for better document management. Scanning a document also allows you to make the text editable and searchable. If you have an all-in-one printer, photo, and document scanner, there is no need to download any additional software to scan files on Mac. Your Mac can set up and perform scans on its own without needing to use any other software. But if you don’t have one, in that case, you have to download third-party applications that will help you go through the process. So continue reading and we will tell you how to do so.
Best Ways To Scan Documents And Photos On Mac PC
Today, we are going to explain to you step by step from connecting the scanner to using it. So without wasting any more time let’s look into the process.
Connect Your Multifunctional Printer Or Scanner
A scanner can be both wired and wireless, if you are using a wired scanner, then connect your Mac with a USB cable that attaches to the scanner. If you have a wireless scanner, then turn ON the scanner and connect it through the local Wifi connection. The setup process for wireless scanners can vary from company to company. But you can take help from the manual that came with the scanner.
The instructions below will walk you through the process:
- Click on the Apple logo present on the top-left corner of your PC screen
- Select the System Preferences option from the dropdown menu to open it
- On the System Preferences window, click on the View Again a dropdown menu will appear.
- Click on the Print & Scan option from the list. Then, click on the “+” button, this will open a page showing different printers and scanners available.
- Choose your scanner by clicking on its name. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
Note: if you are facing difficulties while connecting with your scanner, then either you are doing something wrong, or else your scanner’s software is outdated. Keep your scanning software updated at all times. You can also download free scanning software for Mac online. Here are some of the best scanning apps for Mac users.
- TWAIN SANE
- PDF Scanner
Time To Scan
After connecting the scanner or multifunctioning printer with your Mac device, it’s time to scan a document. Below are some easy steps that will help you understand how you can scan documents.
- Place the pages of your document under the scanner one by one. The part which you wish to scan should be faced down.
- Click on the Spotlight (magnifying glass icon present on the top-right corner of the screen) to open it
- Search Preview in the spotlight’s search box and then hit the Enter Now double-click on the Preview result. This will open the Preview window for you.
- Click on the File Now, a dropdown menu will open, select the Import from Scanner option from the list.
- When you will click on the “Import from Scanner” option it will expand, showing different options. Click on the Include Networked Devices option over there.
- A pop-up window will appear, then click on your scanner.
Note: This process is only needed when you are connecting your computer with a new scanner. Otherwise, you have to do this:
- Click on the File
- Select the Import From Scanner option
- Click on your scanner’s name and that’s it, there you go.
- Now again click on the File tab, then select the Export as PDF option and it will expand showing different options.
- In front of the “Name” textbox, enter the name from which you wish to save your file
- Then, select the location (in front of the “Scan To”) where you want to save the scanned document
- Click on the Scan button to save the file in the selected location.
This same procedure can be followed in the case of scanning a photo. After scanning the hardcopy of a photo or a document you can easily edit that particular file. There are tons of applications that allow you to edit your documents and photos after scanning them.
Also Read – Mac mini Repair Services Dubai
How To Scan Documents And Photos On Mac PC Issue Resolved
We hope the steps and the method explained above in this write-up have helped you to easily scan your files on your Mac PC. As discussed earlier you can also take help from the third-party applications after downloading and installing them. Keeping your hard copy files scanned is a good habit that should be followed by everyone because it makes the searching and editing process very easy for you. If you have any further questions or suggestions regarding this guide, you can share them in the comments section below. We would love to hear from you.