Whether you have heard it from your mother and grandmother or read it on the internet, the advantages of using hair growth oils are known as a blanket solution for a wider array of problems like damaged ends, tresses, headaches, and relief from stress.
You must have received a lot of hair advice from several people – mothers, grandmothers, friends, relatives, doctors, and even some strangers. Surely, there is a great deal of benefits to using hair growth oils that cannot be ignored.
Here are some of the major benefits you can get by adding one of the top hair growth oils into your self-care routine.
1. Strengthens the Hair
Oiling tends to have a multi-dimensional effect. It helps strengthens your hair by increasing the tensile strength of each strand. Moreover, it also reduces the frizziness in the hair and prevents hair breakage.
2. Protects from Heat Damage
Another great advantage of using oil as a hair care product is that it coats the hair and forms a protective layer around your hair so that it can be protected from the heat of styling tools.
Notably, when you put through your hair constant styling and procedures, it can become very fragile and brittle. Also, your hair can become so damaged that it will be difficult to repair them again. Hence, never skip on hair oil if you like to blow-dry, straighten, or curl your hair.
3. Stimulate Hair Growth
One major benefit of using hair growth oils is that it stimulates the growth of new hair. Importantly, apart from the oil itself, the massaging technique you use while applying oil also tends to have a litany of benefits.
Using hair oil has stimulate or increases the circulation of blood around your scalp. As a result, it brings all of the important nutrients to the scalp, making your hair feel nourished and healthy. Additionally, a good massage with oil is a great stress buster, which is known to be one of the primary causes of hair fall.
4. Hydrates the Hair and Avoid Frizz
Having oil as a part of your natural hair care is beneficial as it helps in hydrating the hair and prevents hair frizz. Oils like olive oil and castor oil are known to be rich in fatty acids and Vitamin E, which helps create a physical barrier around the cells of your hair. Consequently, it helps avoid moisture loss and prevents hair from looking dry and dull.
5. Protects from UV Radiation
Hair growth oils are also capable of protecting your hair from UV radiation, especially botanical oils that have plant phenols in them. In addition to protecting the hair from UV radiation, these oils also have the ability to reverse the harmful impacts of UV radiation on the hair and skin.
Moreover, some plant oils are also known to provide even more protection from UV radiation than bare skin or hair. Given that, it can be said that oil would protect your hair from UV rays like sunscreen protects your skin.
Since hair growth oil has a great deal of protective, moisturizing, and softening properties for skin and hair, especially for hair, it has become one of the necessary parts of a haircare routine. However, since there is a wide range of hair oils available on the market, it can get confusing to know which oil will suit your hair type the best.
Surely, that can be determined easily if you have researched well and you have ample knowledge about this integral hair care product. Here is some important information for you that will help you in taking better care of your hair.
Why Use a Hair Growth Oil?
So, why you should even use a hair growth oil? Unlike your skin, your hair does not have any way to keep itself nourished and moisturized. For this reason, your hair follicles produce sebum, which is a natural oil that is meant to travel down the strands to keep them hydrated and healthy.
Unfortunately, this natural procedure does not always work the way it is supposed to. With modern coloring and styling techniques, natural sebum production fails to be enough to keep your hair well moisturized. Hence, your hair is often in the need of some help from the best hair products to keep it moisturized and nourished.
Importantly, a good oil will supplement your natural sebum. This way your hair will get the moisture and protection that it requires to stay healthy and strong.
What is the Best Growth Oil for Hair?
It is important to note that not every oil is good for your hair. Whether a growth oil is beneficial for your hair or not, depends majorly on the type of your hair and the kind of benefits you want to have.
Here are some recommendations on the best growth oils for different hair types:
- Best Hair Oil for Curls: If you have curly hair, coconut oil can be an excellent choice for you. Unlike other types of hair oil, coconut oil tends to have a smaller molecular size that is able to absorb easily into each hair strand. Consequently, this will give your curls moisture without having to weigh them down. In addition to coconut oil, avocado oil also has the same kind of effect on curls.
- Best Hair Oil for Shiny Oil: One of the top hair growth oils for having sleek and shiny hair is an oil that is lightweight. Notably, jojoba oil and carrot oil are known to be the perfect option if you want to give shine to your hair. To get a shiny look, just take a small amount of carrot oil or jojoba oil and rub it softly on your hair. Here, you have to make sure that your hair is dried and already styled, if you want to do so. Also, make sure to not overdo it.
- Best Hair Oil for Frizz or Dryness: Argan oil is known to be a great solution if you have damaged or dry hair. This hair growth oil is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, which provide the required nourishment to your hair.